Master the Wards Internal Medicine Clerkship: Survive Clerkship & Ace the Shelf
The three-month Internal Medicine clerkship plunges senior med students into the hospital floor, the emergency department, and the clinic. What is expected of you? What should you expect? You need a “how to” book for your first clinical experience.
Master the Wards Internal Medicine Clerkship combines the advice of med school students on their third- and fourth-year rotations with the expectations of residents and attending teaching physicians. With charts, diagrams, and dozens of full-color diagnostic images, this concise guide will help you survive the daily challenges of clerkship?and thrive!
* How to prepare for rounding
* What residents look for on rounds, and what will you be asked
* How diseases present to the emergency department or ambulatory center, and how to quickly assess patients
* The most frequent chief complaint for each disease, in the words patients use
* When to treat immediately, before testing
* What tests are needed first
* How and when to prepare for case presentations
* How to write process notes
* Solid advice on efficiency and survival from peers who have been there