Mosby’s 2024 Nursing Drug Reference, 37th Edition
Choose the drug handbook trusted by nurses for over 35 years! Mosby’s 2024 Nursing Drug Reference makes it easy to find the most vital information on the drugs you administer most frequently. More than 5,000 drugs are profiled, including more than 25 new entries for drugs recently approved by the FDA. And no other drug guide places a higher emphasis on patient safety, with Black Box Warnings for dangerous adverse reactions, High Alerts for drugs with the greatest risk, and a focus on both common and life-threatening side effects. From nursing pharmacology expert Linda Skidmore-Roth, this perennial bestseller proves there is a difference in drug guides.
- More than 5,000 generic and trade-name drugs are profiled, covering almost every drug you will administer in practice or in clinical settings.
- Alphabetical organization by generic name provides quick and easy access to specific drugs, with both trade and generic names listed in the index.
- Bolded coverage of IV drug administration highlights dosage and IV administration instructions, including safety considerations and Y-site, syringe, and additive compatibilities.
- The nursing process steps are used as the framework for organizing all nursing care information.
- Complete pharmacokinetic information is summarized in a table and includes the mechanism and absorption of the drug as well as its action, duration, and excretion.
- Side effects information is organized by body system and identified as common or life-threatening, showing signs to watch for during assessments.
- High Alert headers highlight drugs that pose the greatest risk if administered improperly.
- Black Box Warnings provide alerts to FDA warnings of dangerous or life-threatening drug reactions.
- An overview of drug categories explains the safe administration of common classes of drugs as well as their common side effects and interactions.
- A flexible, water-resistant cover provides durability in the clinical setting.
- NEW! Drug monographs for more than 25 newly released, FDA-approved medications equip you with the latest drug information, including generic names, trade names, pronunciations, do-not-confuse drugs, action, uses, contraindications, precautions, dosages and routes, side effects, pharmacokinetics, interactions (including drug/herb, drug/food, and drug/lab test), nursing considerations, treatment of overdose, patient/family teaching, and more.
- NEW! Several online-only drug monographs are added to the Evolve website, creating an overall total of more than 100 Evolve-only drug monographs for lesser-used medications.