Atlas of Vulvovaginal Disease in Darker Skin Types
By Nina Madnani
There is a significant increase in cross-migration of women from various ethnicities, cultures, and with varying skin color. With publications focused mainly on Fitz Skin types 1–4, accurate vulvar disease diagnosis in darker skin types may be compromised, resulting in suboptimal therapeutic outcomes. Diseases look quite different as the color disguises much of the erythema, which is prominently seen in the Caucasian population. This book is focused on female genital dermatoses and fills in those gaps for healthcare workers looking to accurately diagnose and manage such patients.
- Provides inclusive and consolidated contents on disorders of female genital skin and mucosa.
- Features more than 300 high-quality illustrations and impressive treatment algorithms, making it a ready reckoner for dermatologists, gynecologists, and general physicians.
- Facilitates diagnosis and further management of vulvar disease in the darker skin types, thus optimizing patient care.
- Features collective contributions from experts across the country.
- Simplifies the patient consult by providing ready answers to frequently asked questions.