Diagnosis and Treatment Planning in Dentistry, 4th Edition
By Stephen J. Stefanac DDS MS, Samuel P. Nesbit DDS MS
Enhance your skills in patient assessment, oral diagnosis, and treatment planning! A full-color, all-in-one reference, Diagnosis and Treatment Planning in Dentistry, 4th Edition helps you create person-centered dental treatment plans for adolescent and adult patients. Using evidence-based research, this text shows how risk assessment, prognosis, and expected treatment outcomes factor into the planning process. Detailed coverage guides you through each phase of the treatment plan. New to this edition are chapters covering digital tools used in treatment planning and revised content in all chapters. The book renews a core section that describes how to plan and provide optimal oral health care for unique patient populations. Written by noted dentistry educators Stephen Stefanac and Samuel Nesbit, this must-have resource includes a fully searchable eBook version free with each print purchase.
- Clear, logical organization builds your understanding with sections on comprehensive patient evaluation, the treatment planning process, the five phases of the treatment plan, and care planning for all patients.
- What’s the Evidence? boxes cite research articles affecting clinical decision-making and treatment planning strategies.
- In Clinical Practice boxes summarize information on specific clinical situations for quick and easy review.
- Ethics in Dentistry boxes address clinical situations where ethical decision making may be required.
- Review questions summarize and reinforce the important concepts in each chapter.
- 350 full-color illustrations depict important concepts.
- NEW! Updated content in all chapters.
- NEW! An eBook version is included with print purchase. The eBook allows you to access all of the text, figures and references, with the ability to search, customize your content, make notes and highlights, and have content read aloud. Plus, additional videos and all-new case-based practice quizzes for each chapter.
- NEW! Digital Tools chapter focuses on the use of digital tools in diagnosis and treatment planning.