Petty’s Musculoskeletal Examination and Assessment: A Handbook for Therapists, 6th edition
By Dionne Ryder MSc (Manipulative Therapy) MCSP MMACP PGCert (Learning & Teaching) FHEA, Kieran Barnard MSc BSc (Hons) MCSP MMACP
Together with its companion volume, Petty’s Principles of Musculoskeletal Treatment and Management, this invaluable book provides a comprehensive overview of all aspects of musculoskeletal practice for undergraduate physiotherapy students.
This volume will help you competently examine and assess patients with a variety of issues. Each region is covered in detail, including muscles, nerves and joints. It offers an up-to-date, person-centred approach, based on clinical reasoning and latest evidence, with numerous learning aids, case studies and illustrations to help you apply theory to practice.
Petty’s Musculoskeletal Examination and Assessment is edited by leading experts Dionne Ryder and Kieran Barnard, with contributions by highly regarding physiotherapists from across the country, making this set a must-have for all students of physiotherapy.
- Petty’s set follows the patient journey from assessment right through to treatment and management
- Each chapter is written by leading physiotherapists in their field
- Designed for students – logically structured and easy to read
- Covers each region of the body in detail
- Updated evidence and research knowledge that underpins practice
- Focus on communication, clinical reasoning and pain
- Drawings and photographs enhance understanding
- Reflective exercises to consolidate learning
- Ancillary resources now include chapter summary podcasts, an image bank and a question bank
- New chapter on the power of communication
- New case studies for each regional chapter to consolidate learning
- Addition of learning outcomes and reflective exercises throughout the text