Radiographic Pathology for Technologists, 6th Edition
by Nina Kowalczyk
Radiographic Pathology for Technologists, 6th Edition concisely covers the injuries and abnormalities most frequently diagnosed using medical imaging to prepare you for what you are most likely to encounter on the job. This essential text also features background discussions of key anatomy and physiology principles, along with imaging considerations for each disease categorized by type followed by a description of its radiographic appearance, signs and symptoms, and treatment.
• Concise coverage presents approximately 150 injuries and abnormalities most frequently diagnosed using medical imaging to keep you focused on what you are most likely to encounter in practice.
• Correlative and differential diagnosis discussions explain the diagnostic process and demonstrate the importance of high quality images.
• Chapter outlines and objectives, key terms, and multiple choice and discussion questions for each chapter with answers provided in the back of the text highlight the most important concepts within each chapter.
• Summary tables at the end of each chapter list pathologies covered and the preferred imaging modalities for diagnosis.
• Trauma chapter emphasizes the multi-system implications of traumatic injuries.
• NEW! Replacement images and illustrations reflect current practice for general radiography and alternative modalities, such as CT, MR, and fusion imaging.
• NEW! Updated coverage of digital radiography gives you the most up-to-date information on 3-D reconstructions, PET imaging, molecular imaging, monoclonal antibody technology, advances in cardiac imaging, and fusion technologies.
• NEW! Information on the Human Genome Project in introductory chapter reflects advances in molecular medical leading to more personalized treatment of disease.
• NEW! Virtual endoscopic images in GI chapter illustrate the latest in endoscopic imaging techniques.
• NEW! Coverage of interventional procedures in hepatobiliary and urinary systems help you diagnose and treat patients using the least invasive techniques.
• NEW! Expansion of neoplastic disease content in respiratory system chapter highlights the important role radiographic pathology plays in diagnosis and treatment.