Vascular Injury: Endovascular and Open Surgical Management
This one-of-a-kind guide gets endovascular and trauma specialists up to date on the rapidly evolving field of vascular injury management
New technologies have created fresh opportunities to explore improved care options for patients with vascular injuries, and the discipline of vascular surgery is increasingly moving toward wider use of endovascular treatments. Edited by highly experienced, dual-trained trauma and vascular/endovascular surgeons, Vascular Injury: Endovascular and Open Management examines the process of medical, open, or endovascular management of contemporary vascular injury.
Detailed description of endovascular technical elements help endovascular specialists adapt their traditional vascular surgery approaches to trauma; at the same time, the book familiarizes trauma specialists with an expanded technical skillset, as well as the strengths/limitations of technologies not provided elsewhere in traditional trauma training.
Vascular Injury: Endovascular and Open Management covers:
- Vascular injury training, diagnosis, and management
- General open vascular repair for trauma
- Basics of endovascular trauma management
- Endovascular tools and techniques for trauma applications
- Cervical, upper extremity, and axillo-subclavian injuries
- Thoracic arch and proximal great vessels
- Abdominal aortic and Iliac artery injury
- General principles of post-operative management and surveillance
- Hybrid trauma care environments and vascular trauma teams, and more