Saunders Nursing Drug Handbook 2024
By Robert Kizior BS RPh, Keith Hodgson RN BSN CCRN
Approx. 1522 pages
- More than 1,000 generic name drugs, encompassing over 4,000 trade name drugs, are organized alphabetically with A-to-Z tabs for quick and easy access.
- UNIQUE! Herbal information is included in the appendix and on the Evolve website,covering the interactions and effects of commonly encountered herbs.
- Detailed information for each drug includes side effects listed by frequency, and adverse effects and reactions requiring prompt intervention.
- Drugs by Disorder are listed in the front of the book for easy reference, showing common disorders and the drugs most often used for treatment.
- Drug Classifications section features an overview of actions and uses for drug families.
- Black Box Alerts and High Alert drugs are highlighted topromote safe administration of drugs that pose the greatest risk for patient harm, and Do Not Confuse With warnings call out drug names that sound alike or look alike.
- Top 100 Drugs list helps you easily identify the most frequently administered drugs.
- Cross-references to the 400 top U.S. brand-name drugs are located throughout the book for easy access.
- List of newly approved medications in the front of the book makes it easy to locate the latest drugs.
- Nursing considerations are organized in a functional nursing process framework and include baseline assessment, intervention/evaluation, and patient/family teaching.
- Information on lifespan and disorder-related dosage variations covers special considerations for pediatric, geriatric, hepatic, and immune- or renal-compromised patients.
- Extensive IV content includes IV compatibilities/IV incompatibilities and breaks down key information on reconstitution, rate of administration, and storage, as well as an IV Compatibility Chart foldout covering 65 intravenous drugs.
- Customizable and printable monographs for 100 of the most commonly used drugs are located on Evolve.
- NEW! Drug monographs for 12 new FDA-approved medications equip you with the most current drug information.
- NEW! Updates include uses, dosage forms, interactions, precautions, and other need-to-know information to help prevent medication dispensing errors.